Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm Captain Hook!

I've realized that life isn't the story I expected it to be. My imagination has always been overactive. When I read a book, see a movie, or hear a story I succumb to the interweaving threads. These threads entwine around my mind until I can't escape. For days after I experience a story I run around imagining myself as the hero. This has seemed much better than facing reality. I've gone throughout my life daydreaming of the day that my destiny as a hero is revealed and I save the world. As I waited for that day I became increasing mean, selfish, disrespectful, and insincere. It's the little steps that lead a hero to their destiny, and my steps have been taking me in the wrong direction. I am the villain that I've always dreamed of stopping. I'd like to apologize for my villainous ways. As life and reality moves along I plan on changing, step by step. I'll be trying to become more considerate, harder working, respectful, loyal, and sincere. Maybe if I can accomplish these goals, one day I'll be the hero I've always dreamed of being.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sounds like a good plan, my friend. Good luck!

I always did think you bore a striking resemblance to some villain or another; I just couldn't figure out to whom. What with the large wig you always wear, your vehement hatred for children, and the fact that you only have one hand and a vicious piece of weaponry in place of the other...I could never put my finger on it till now. Captain Hook, of course! Thanks for solving that mystery, you vindictive, cowardly, fairy-killing pirate!