Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fish Talk: An Extended Holiday

Unfortunately this segment of my blog failed to garnish the support I had hoped for. This will most likely be the last Fish Talk posting.

The world today can become a chaotic vortex of swirling emotions, events, and people. It is important to cope with this chaos. A medley of strategies abound. I find fishing to be an excellent strategy.

There is a sense of alignment when I fish. Crisp mountain air prickles my flesh. Gurgling streams ease my mind. I step from the bank into the icy water, submerging my feet and my soul. Nothing compares to an ice bath. The methodical stroking of my line through the air. Flick the wrist, swish and flick. Speak? Why would I? Nature does the speaking for me.

Fishing is more than sport. It's more than a coping strategy for life. Fishing is about the memories, the peace, the experience. Fishing is living.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

guess where else i get fish talk? in my painting class. :)

Unknown said...

p.s. why am i not on your blog list? i thought we were friends zac. (even though i stood you and your date up for our double's match...we still need to make that up to you)

Annie said...

Zac, maybe you should be a fish for Halloween.