Thursday, March 27, 2008

It is all about the whakapapa

I have a very patient family.  On the outside they wouldn't seem patient.  Genetically we all have voices that resonate very well, therefore we sound very loud.  It can be a nice thing when you are trying to locate a family member.  If I'm looking for my dad at work and he isn't in his office I listen.  I listen for his voice or his whistling.  If he is in the building I can usually find him.  Anyways my family is very patient.  I feel like they are all waiting for me to actually do something. They don't abandon me the way many other people would.  Productivity is definitely not a large part of my life.  I'd much rather relax than do something strenuous.  For me strenuous activities include but are not limited to: School, work, yard work, driving, cooking, waking up, and occasionally grooming myself.  Yet even with all my faults and my inactivity with life I still have a family.  They encourage me and patiently wait for the day when I'll get up and do something worth while in my life. In the mean time this is what my family does for me.
 Josh and Mary bring home the bacon/Milk (there is nothing like a good gallon of milk). Jenny makes sure I go to class.  Mom makes sure I have a job.  Kaleb gives me friendship and understanding (Lately I've called him my absentee wingman). Ethan gives me 9 year old harassment (in a loving way), I usually return my 9 year old harassment.  Hannah lets me see an outside perspective on my life (every day I see more ways that hannah and I are alike).  Dad saves me from my financial mishaps.  Of course they all encourage and support me.  Hopefully I can return the favor.  I love my family and couldn't live without them.
Gradually I find myself changing my attitude towards life (very slowly).  I currently have a job I enjoy, I'm still in school, I've chosen a major, and with my families patient help I'm becoming a better person.  
To close my ode to this wonderful family I would like to say "It is all about the whakapapa".

1 comment:

kpup said...

Thats right its all about the whakapapa. Family all the way bro.
"your absentee wingman"? hmmm i will have to think about that one. hey what classes are you taking spring? Lil'bro