Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blood Brothers

This was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. Often I leave gatherings with a big hole in my chest. Something always seemed to be missing. Tonight I left Sunday Scribble feeling pretty darn good. Over the last few years I have gotten to know some guys pretty well. I feel like they are my brothers. Tonight my actual brother joined us in some games. It was fantastic. All my life Kpup has been there for me. My last few years of high school a wedge seemed to be driven between us. We still got along alright, but we didn't seem to be as close. Since last spring I feel like I have been pulling that wedge out. Kpup and I seem to be getting closer again. Even though our relationship was improving it still seemed to miss something. I've realized tonight that it was my social life. It seems so empty without him. Tonight was great. My brothers were united and it was a blast. At one point Kpup and I both became the Mafia. We killed everyone else. I can truly say it was thoroughly delightful. A piece of that hole that was filled tonight. I'll miss him when he is gone.

No comments: