Monday, January 12, 2009

Change

I've found that my life is full of growth spurts. Most of the time nothing happens. Occasionally, for a short period of time, a lot happens. I can feel it coming. The feeling is similar to a brewing storm. Some innate unexplainable force tells you of the approaching static forces. Maybe it is a slight tingle in the toe, or a simple thought that pierces deep. Either way I can feel it coming. It all started on December 27, 2008. That was the day I was to return home from the Sydney Australia South mission. Well that was the day I would have returned home. Instead I never really left. Ever since that day there has been a kind of static energy forming. It is as if I have been walking on thick carpet wearing wool socks. The pressure is building and I can feel change in the air. First, many close friends found significant others. I found myself spending more and more time alone. Just when I felt like it would be unbearable, I was invited by a professor to go to France. I accepted, but now I have to study and work harder in school than I have ever done. In a few months many of my closest friends return from their missions. I feel like the last two years were mostly stagnant. Ever since that fateful day in December my life has charged forward, bringing change with it. It isn't bad, in fact it feels relieving. Yet I still find myself scared that I will be swept away and lost. I've realized that I can't fight it, even if it is scary. I just have to try and surf the wave until it crashes on the beach.In the words of my father, "the stars are aligning".

No comments: