Monday, June 15, 2009

To Ring!

Deep Breaths. In. Out. Deep. With each step I came closer to hurling. Deep Breaths. Pounding, aching, pounding, aching. Air became cement. "Come on!" I screamed. I couldn't stop. I wanted to, but I couldn't. Deep Breaths. Pounding, Aching, Pounding, "AHHHHH!" I roared. Deep Breaths. I couldn't.
At first it was quiet, creeping like a mouse. Braver it grew, becoming a whisper in the wind. Braver still. Still. Still. Then it was too late.
"NOOOOOO!" I cried. Breath! One lung. Then, the other. I had to breath. One final lunge.
It was over, the doorbell rang.
Seconds, minutes, hours. How long? I looked at my watch. Seconds.
The door opened.
"Hi. Let me grab my coat and we can go." she said, smiling pleasantly.
"Okay" I replied.
Victorious.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Haha, Zac. Good for you!