Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Real Man

Yesterday I helped out my friend with a bunch of yard work. It was a little strange for me to be so willing to help him, growing up I hated yard work. But I was helping a friend, plus I was going to be able to use a chainsaw. I guess it was mainly for the chainsaw. We went to pick up the chainsaw. The owner was a single lady and the chain was off the saw. Neither of us had used a chainsaw before, so we didn't know how to put the chain on. We asked if we could take it to a hardware store to have someone put it on. She scoffed at us. Then she said, "you don't need to take it in. You can walk up to almost any man in the neighborhood and they'll know how to put it on". We realized then, that neither of us were real men. We had no idea how to put a chain on a chainsaw. Luckily there was a real man living next door to this lady. He generously helped us get the chain on and then demonstrated how to use the saw. Eventually we had both used the saw. Then the chain came off. Deciding I wanted to test my manhood, I put the chain back on myself. It worked. I can use a chainsaw and put a chain onto the saw. So now I can truly say I am a real man.

1 comment:

Millas said...

That is right. We are real men.