Thursday, April 24, 2008

Transmogrification

The semester has ended. I'm free from school. My job has ended. I'm free from work. Now I'm waiting, knowing that my life is changing. I can feel it pulling on my soul. It speaks softly about my future. I'm waiting nervously for it to come. It feels like I'm about to start a race.

Every muscle in my body tenses. My throat is dry and my tongue is numb. The call has come, I'm mounting my blocks. My thighs quiver, anticipating the shock. I'm waiting for the gun to sound. I know that it is near, but it brings eternal fear. The unknown looks me in the face and tells me that I can't possibly win. But I know that I will have lost if I don't burst from my blocks.

I know that I can't stop. I have to face my life and decide what will become of me. But is scares me to know that I might fail.

No comments: