Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Liberation

Sometimes I let my imagination get the better of me. I sit and daydream of a day when I won't be in school. A day that leads to the nutrition of my actual desires. No longer will I be liable for busy work assigned to me in a class that I don't want to attend. I'll finally have the freedom to choose what I want to do. My research, my writing, my peace of mind will be my own. Then the ticking of a clock wakes me from my dreams. Liberation will have to wait for another day. All I can do until that day is to doggy paddle along, hoping that a wave doesn't come along to submerge my hopes.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Just a few more years, right? Of listening to those talking heads who are trying to make you into one of them.... Oh the joys of becoming college-educated! No, I'm not cynical at all - just like you! :)