Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hazardous Navigating






My jaunt in London England has begun. I've been here for about five days now. It is pretty amazing how much has already happened. I've picked up a couple of reputations, on of which is getting people lost. Another is not stopping to take pictures. To go along with those I've also heard that I abandon people when we walk. If you ask me it is their fault they aren't keeping up. It is their fault they trusted me to guide them (my navigation skills are great, people just don't appreciate the novelty of being lost). It is their fault that I don't usually have a camera to take pictures of everything touristy. (I've started taking a camera with me so that I can stop and take pictures too, the only difference is the content of my pictures). One thing people can plan on when they go anywhere with me is that I will have an adventure. And that is why I can enjoy myself in London. Life is about adventure, and my life is a constant adventure. Just yesterday I led a friend onto the wrong train. We got stuck at the next stop trying to make it back. After a lifetime of waiting we finally jumped onto another train. I didn't say every adventure was huge. I've had a great time so far. I can hear London calling me right now. It whispers in my ear of adventures waiting to be experienced. For now I'll whisper back, but eventually I'll embrace them again. And when I do I will be thinking of how awful it must be not being lost in London with me.

1 comment:

Millas said...

I love how we're having adventures, but wait until both of us collide. I cannot wait until you get home, I mean I was drving on a country road doing 50mph in a 65 because I wanted to. Just wait until we can truly explore this town.